4.26.2009

Just a Little Thought

For some reason the smallest little thing caught my attention today and I thought it was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. And it made me want it for myself!

I went home today during my lunch from work because I haven't really seen or talked to my mom in over a week (I miss her!). She was sitting down to eat in the living room with me and then a piece of her food went down her throat wrong so she started coughing. Admittedly I laughed at first because it sounded funny and she was making a crazy face (and for some reason I seem to be evil when it comes to people hurting themselves, especially when they fall down-- I find it hilarious, even though I know I shouldn't. just ask my sister...), but it kept going on and her coughing was getting worse. She started gagging and wheezing, it was concerning. She walked into the kitchen to get water, and my dad was outside doing some yard work. He heard her and came inside just to see if she was OK. He asked if her food was stuck, then started hitting her back, then he rubbed her back a little until she seemed somewhat normal again. Some men are trained to do this, but not my dad. He's the kind of man that isn't concerned easily, nor is he quick to fuss over or indulge someone. But he genuinely loves my mom and cares about her well being. To see my big, stocky dad come into the house to comfort my mom warmed my heart so much. I love seeing that.

It's kind of silly, but it's little things like that that speak the loudest sometimes. To quote my favorite movie, "It's the little things that count." I can remember times before when I had a coughing attack and the guy I was with never even paused in his conversation with someone else as he sat right next to me; or when I rushed to the bathroom and he sat down the hall watching tv while he listened to me puke. I don't want to be treated like a princess, but I'd like to feel cared for. I'd like to feel looked out for, put first. Because that's how I'll treat them, no question. And if someone doesn't make every effort to show this after being together for only 2 months, that's saying something :)

By the way, I checked my online dating account this evening and found an email from a young "gentleman", I copied a few highlights from his profile just for you:
"First off my job will always come first in my life, peoples lives are in my hands. I work long, hard, random, hours and get pretty wiped out after a good shift...I'm a super laid back, good guy but, i also know how to be a bad boy, when i need to. love cooking with a bottle of good wine, hiking, gym, going out, yadda yadda... and telling funny stories about the crazy stuff I've bared whiteness too. I'd like to meet some who's got there own stuff going on, not going to stock me. some one who's down to chill and not play crazy games."
Did you catch the great use of spelling and grammar? And ooh, he's a bad boy when he needs to be, because God knows sometimes you just need to be bad :) Oh man, I'm not judgmental, really(!). But maybe I am being a little picky. I suppose it's because I want a good, smart, hot man to rub my back when I'm wheezing.

Oh well, what can you do?

1 comment:

Jaren Rabe said...

Ick. That email was bad!

I can't believe a certain guy would've treated you like that. Wow....

I am so glad you know what you want! Be picky and judgemental, you're allowed to be for this!